The members of the working committee have debated the overarching conservation objectives. These are listed here, and we invite comment or input from landowners and residents.
Additionally, if there is an objective that you feel strongly about, you are invited to participate in that area of work.
- Rehabilitation- defining what is takes to make it better
- Mapping (GIS) – understanding what there is, what state it is in and therefore what the target should be
- Managing Water Resources
- Integrate Game Plan, Audit Assets and Manage
- Understanding the Grassland and how to care for it - awareness building and education
- Sustainability - making sure activities and interventions are sustainable, and the biodiversity is sustainably protected
There are objectives which arise from the requirements in law. These are -
- Controlling invasive alien species
- Implementing an appropriate fire management programme